Let’s face it: money matters! That’s why this section of our website is dedicated to tools and strategies for financial success. Whether you are buying a home, balancing a checkbook, or growing your savings, your Credit Union is here to help you through it all. Plus, check out our Top 10 Tips to Financial Freedom!
At Spectrum Credit Union, our goal is to provide you great rates and personal service. We hope you find this information helpful in your money matters.
Debt and Credit
ID Theft and Fraud
Onsite Educational Presentations
Is there a money matter you would like to learn more about? Contact us
, and we will be happy to provide an onsite presentation or coordinate a “Lunch & Learn” for your employee network or group.
Youth Financial Education
BalanceTrack: Teens and Money: Teens! Learn how to set financial goals and create a budget to meet those goals. This website will provide you practical financial tips like what to look for in a credit card and how to buy a vehicle. Or, you can download the Teens and Money podcast and listen online – just download the mp3 file to any digital player.
Top 10 Tips to Financial Freedom
- Spend less than you earn.
- Develop a savings plan and pay yourself first.
- Understand the power of compounding interest.
- Be mindful of the future.
- Save and invest regularly for the short and long term.
- Take measures to prevent identity theft and recognize fraud.
- Protect yourself against large losses.
- Follow prudent financial practices, such as paying bills on time.
- Build human capital – invest in education and earn more as you learn more.
- Learn where to turn for information, advice, and help.