Q. What do I need to do now that the new Mobile Banking app is available?
A. On or after October 9, please download the new app from your app store and install it on your device. We recommend that you delete the current app.
Q. Will the old Mobile Banking app still work after October 9?
A. No. The old Mobile Banking app will not function starting October 9. Please download the new app to continue using Mobile Banking.
Q. Is my Mobile Banking login information the same?
A. Yes. Your login information remains the same.
Q. How can I tell the difference between the old app and the new app?
A. The name of the new app in the app stores is Spectrum Credit Union Mobile. This is the redesigned app icon:
Q. What is new in the Mobile Banking app?
A. In addition to a new look and feel, the app includes some enhancements:
- Mobile Registration – New users will be able to sign up for Mobile Banking in the app rather than having to sign up for Online Banking first.
- Credential Recovery – Users who have forgotten their log in information will be able to reset their credentials through the app.
- Memo Fields – Users will have the option to add a descriptive memo to Bill Payments and Transfers if the payee or financial institution allows memos.
- Bill Pay Registration – New bill pay users no longer need to register for Bill Payer in Online Banking before using it in Mobile Banking.
- Member Validation via Phone or Text – When a user signs in from a new or unrecognized device, the system will send a validation code via phone call or text. In the past, an email was required.
Q. How do I access the menu in the new app?
A. Instead of tapping on the “hamburger” symbol to expand the menu, you’ll find the menu items along the bottom of the screen. Tap “More” to expand menu items
not visible on the main screen.
Q. How do I access Quick Balance in the new app?
A. On the log in screen, place your finger on the image at the top and swipe down. You can manage your Quick Balance preferences
by logging in and selecting “More,” then “Settings.”
Q. How do I manage alerts in the new app?
A. After logging in, select “More,” then “Settings,” and then “Push
Q. Why can't I find the new app in the Amazon app store?
A. Unfortunately, the new app is not available for Amazon devices. To access your accounts on your Amazon device, we suggest you log in to Online Banking through your web browser.